To research nurse unions, use the library databases CINAHL and ProQuest Central, linked below. Some search terms to try:
- nurs* AND union*
- nurs* AND "collective bargaining"
- nurs* AND non-unionized
Some search tips:
- In library databases, the * symbol at the end of a word searches for all endings:
- nurs* finds nurses, nurse, nursing
- union* finds union, unions.
- The quotation marks will search those words together as a phrase.
Some things to note:
- If you are off-campus, you will be prompted to sign-in with your student network ID and password.
- Copy and paste the words above or type the two search ideas into the advanced search box in each database.
- After you click "search" in these databases, you can browse through your results, or narrow it down even further with the limiters on the left-side of the screen.
- You may want to adjust your search words. Check out the subject headings box and select the terms that would be relevent to what you are looking for.
Good luck! And please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions. We're also happy to set up a Zoom research session if you'd like.