|When browsing the internet with a mobile device, many websites will automatically redirect you to their mobile-version of their website. Sometimes websites will create apps that allow mobile device-users to view their material in a format that is more visually compatible & functionable with mobile devices. Listed below are mobile-versions of websites & apps that will help you view library content in a more efficient way.|
Films On Demand is currently accessible via any mobile device with an Internet connection. All videos have been encoded in H.264 format to allow playback on any iOS device, including iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
Android devices must currently use Adobe Flash for playback.
The Kindle Fire also uses Adobe Flash for video playback, but the feature is not enabled by default. Users must manually enable Flash before viewing Films On Demand videos.
Search below to find what's owned by other libraries & online collections. If you find a book of interest, visit the public library to borrow it, or request it through interlibrary loan. Ask a librarian for details.
Please note that access to the college's secure wireless network requires a SUNY Adirondack username/password.
Therefore, the Wi-Fi system is limited to current students, faculty and staff. If you are unable to access the network with your username and password, go to the IT Help Desk in the Scoville Learning Center.
Connection Information for Common Mobile Devices:
Apple iOS iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
1. From the home screen, tap “Settings”.
2. Tap “Wi-Fi”; it will scan for available networks.
3. Select ‘SUNY-ADK’.
4. When prompted for a username/password, enter your Network Username and Password.
5. Tap “Join” in lower-right-hand corner.
6. The first time you connect, you will be asked to accept the server’s certificate.
7. Top corner - hit Trust.
1. Select and Enable WiFi on your device.
2. Tap the network ‘SUNY-ADK'.
3. Enter the following information:
a. EAP method: PEAP Phase 2
b. Authentication: None (if available) or MSCHAPV2 CA
c. Certificate: Unspecified (only option)
d. Client Certificate: Unspecified (only option)
e. Identity: Your Network Username
f. Anonymous Identity: leave blank
g. Wireless Password: Your Network Password
4. The first time you connect, you will be asked to accept the server’s certificate. Select “Continue” at the prompt. You will only need to accept the certificate the first time you authenticate to ‘SUNY-ADK.’ After that, authentication will be automatic.
1. On the bottom right hand corner of the screen, click on the wireless icon.
2. Click on “Settings”.
3. Under “Internet Connection”, choose the drop-down under “Wi-Fi network”.
4. Select ‘SUNY-ADK’ from the list of networks (you may have to scroll the list to find it)
5. Click on “Connect”
6. Enter the following information:
a. SSID: SUNY-ADK
b. EAP method: PEAP
c. Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPv2
d. Server CA certificate: Do not check
e. User certificate: Leave blank
f. Identity: Your Network Username
g. Password: Your Network Password
h. Anonymous Identity: Leave blank
i. Save identity and password: This should be checked
7. Click "Connect"