Books to Borrow
Welcome to the marketing research guide!
You may borrow print books like those below. The library also offers more than 850 electronic books about marketing, such as Decoded.
Search for more with the Book Catalog (link is above right). For marketing planning advice, use the subject Marketing Planning in the Book Catalog.
Click the Fedstats link below for demographic, economic data and much more from 100 U.S. federal agencies.
- Use MapStats link for state, county and city statistics.
- For this area’s wage and occupation data: use Agencies by Subject > Labor > Bureau of Labor Statistics > Pay & Benefits > Wages by Area and Occupation > Metropolitan Area Wage Data > For 375 MSAs > New York > Glens Falls MSA.
- Under Agencies by Subject > Labor > Bureau of Labor Statistics > Spending and Time Use > American Time Use Survey.
- Under Agencies by Subject, choose Economics (Census Bureau, Small Business Administration) or Labor (Bureau of Labor Statistics with wage surveys, more).
For More Demographics
For more statistics, see these print reference books on the main floor of the library. Tip: Check sources at the bottom of the statistical charts in these books; you can search those agency Web sites for more current information, or use the Web sites above.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States REF. HA 202 .A38 (annual)
- County Business Patterns: New York REF. HC 107 .N7 U517 2000 (see latest online version)
- County and City Extra REF. HA 203 .C68 (annual)
- New York State Statistical Yearbook REF. HA 541 .N489 (annual)
Marketing Statistics Websites
More Business Books
Marketing Reference Books
Find these books on the main floor of the library. They cannot be borrowed, but are always in the library to use.
Small Business Sourcebook (6 volumes)
REF. HD 2341 .S63 2011
Handbook of industry profiles 2009: analysis and trends for 300 industries
Ref. HD 2328 .H74 2009
Business Plans Handbooks *
REF. HD 62.7 .B865
Encyclopedia of Small Business *
REF. HD 62.7 .H553 1998 (2 vols.)
Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook
REF. HE 8689 .B77 (annual)
Business Review's Book of Lists (Capital District)
REF. HF 5065 .N5 B66 (annual)
Marketing Encyclopedia: Issues and trends…
REF. HF 5415 .M29 1995
Marketing Information: Reference Guide
REF. HF 5415.124 .M37 1995
Encyclopedia of Industrial & Organizational Psychology *
REF. HF 5548.8 .E498 2007
Advertising Age Encyclopedia of Advertising
REF. HF 5803 .A38 2003 (3 vols.)
Consumer Reports Buying Guide Issue
REF. TX 335 .C62 (annual)
* These reference books are offered online in the Gale Virtual Reference Center database, available on the Online Reference tab.
Book Subject Suggestions
Search for marketing books using these terms in the Book Catalog, using the link to the above right.
New business enterprises
For Company Research
If you're researching a company's organizational strategy and need information about the company, use these research guides: